Tuesday 9 July 2019

Catch up time

Well hey there blogger world, long time no see. Yes I used to write a blog and I used to love it but for the last 3 years my life has been busy. Hella busy! Single mum, working full time with 2 teenagers kind of busy. And unfortunately writing a blog has been the last thing on my mind.
But something has happened over the past 6 months and I have really missed writing. I’ve missed communicating with you and I’ve had some situations I’ve really wanted to write about but I just found it so hard to sit down and tap it out. But I feel now is the right time. I need to find my creative  juices again and I’m starting right now!

So I guess I need to start by updating you about my life since the last time I wrote when I was freshly separated and finding my way as a single mum.  I own my own place and have been happily working at a golf club for 3 years. My ex husband lives 5 minutes drive away with his girlfriend who he has been seeing for over 2 years and my kids are typical teenagers, lazy, selfish and self absorbed but they are doing ok. I am still loving my photography and can be found taking photos whenever I have spare time and, I have the most amazing group of friends a girl could ever ask for. I keep busy and I’m genuinely happy on most days.

I have dipped into the online dating world and I have certainly had my fair share of male admirers but unfortunately I have still not met anyone that I have really connected with and maybe I never will. Who knows.
I have had some shitty experiences with guys including being ghosted, being lied to, being cheated on and being used just for sex and I have managed to get back up and keep going when I’ve been feeling knocked down because of all of the amazing friends I have supporting me.  And I have come to the realisation that I may not ever meet anyone to spend the rest of my life with and that’s actually ok.
I had a good marriage for many years and I have 2 great kids from that marriage.  I’ve been so lucky my divorce has been amicable which is so much better than many of my other friends have had and I have turned into a crazy cat lady after both my dogs Harley and Phoenix psssed away from old age.

I’m turning 50 in 3 months and although that scares the crap out of me on some days, it doesn’t even cross my mind on other days and I intend to celebrate the mile stone in a big way by going to Hawaii for 8 days later in the year!

I am looking forward to being 50 and starting the 2nd part of my life in a positive and happy way, with lots of friends and lots of photography and lots of cats!  Who could ask for more!
I also promise to write more and not wait another 3 years until my next post! Fingers crossed.

Katie xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey Katie, as a novel writer I truly appreciate the amount of time and effort that writing often takes....enjoyed your honesty and tell-it-how-it-is approach that you have!! Looking forward to reading more and once again, loving your photography as well. �� Ant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ant, thank you so much for the feedback! Feels so good to be writing again and I hope you enjoy my future posts! Have a great day :-)

      Delete